This policy sets out how the Internet Governance Caucus (IGC) uses personal information collected at this site.
Information collection, use and sharing
- When you register on this Web site, you are required to provide your name and email address. You have the choice to provide additional personal information including an organisation and a home page address.
- Your information will be stored in an online database. The database is directly accessible only by the Web site administrators, who are the IGC Coordinators, and their assistants from time to time notified to the IGC mailing list, and by the organisations that voluntarily host those Web sites, namely:
- The main Web site at http://www.igcaucus.org is hosted by the Association for Computing Professionals (APC);
- The main mailing list at http://lists.cpsr.org/info/governance is hosted by Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility (CPSR); and
- The database itself, and the IGC's smaller working group mailing lists, are hosted by Consumers International (CI).
- Some information from that online database is available to other members, and/or to the public:
- If you become an IGC member, your name will be shown in the list of members on the IGC Web site and/or posted to its mailing list.
- If you vote in an IGC coordinator election or charter amendment poll, your name will be shown in the list of voters and/or posted to its mailing list.
- If you post a message to the IGF mailing list, your email address and the contents of your message will be available to the public in the mailing list archive.
- All of your registration details other than your email address are available to other members who are logged into the IGC Web site.
- The IGC Coordinators may contact you by email for reasons related to the business of the IGC from time to time, including notifying you of upcoming polls.
- Other than as noted above, your personal information collected on this site will not be disclosed to any other party.
Accessing and correcting your information
- You may view and change your personal information at any time by logging into the IGC Web site at http://www.igcaucus.org, then clicking "My account".
- Your login credentials are not sent over an encrypted Internet connection. For this reason you should not choose the same password that you would use for important Internet accounts such as email or online banking.
- Your password is stored on disk in encrypted form.