An appeals team of five (5) IGC members will be formed. The appeals board will be selected yearly by a randomly selected nominating committee as defined within the Charter. Coordinators are not qualified to be members of the appeals team. To see how the nominating committee is selected, visit: http://igcaucus.org/nomcom-process
Duties of the Appeals Team:
Any time 4 individual members of the IGC co-sign a statement on the main IGC mailing list they can appeal any decision of the coordinators. When a decision is appealed, the appeals team will review any discussions that occurred and will request comments from the IGC membership.
Based on the information they collect and discussion, they will decide on the merit of the appeal.
Decisions by the appeals team are based on a majority vote of the appeal team, i.e., three (3) or more votes, except in the case of a decision to hold a coordinator recall vote, which requires full consensus.
The decision of the appeals team is final on every decision reviewed.
Appeals Team for Upcoming Election 2019:
Appeals Team may be re-constituted, in case there are any appeal(s) for upcoming Election 2019.
Previous Appeals Teams have included:
- 2013-2014 Appeals Team: Asama Abel Excel, Catherine Roy, Hempal Shrestha, Michael Gurstein, Mawaki Chango
- 2012-2013 Appeals Team: Deirdre Williams, Ian Peter, Roland Perry, Ginger Paque, Shaila Rao Mistry.
- 2010 Appeals Team: Avri Doria (North America/Europe), Charity Gamboa-Embley (North America/Southeast Asia), Fouad Bajwa (South Asia), Ginger Paque (LAC) and Lee McKnight (North America).
- 2009: Jeanette Hofmann (Europe), Adam Peake (Asia), Carlos Afonso (LAC), Ken Lohento (Africa) and Fouad Bajwa (Mid East/South Asia)
- 2008 Appeals Team
- 2007 Appeals Team
- 2006: Rishi Chawla (Asia), Willie Currie (Africa), Avri Doria (North America/Europe), Nnenna Nwaknma (Africa) and Jeremy Shtern (North America).